Apache OpenOffice is free forever, you can get updates for free,
extensions are free to install and is free for all platforms (OSX,
Windows, Linux).

There are donations which you are more than welcome to contribute, and
there are professional support services that will charge you for their
time, just like a trainner will charge you for a course in Apache
OpenOffice at a competitive rate.

However the software, is free of cost and also free to access the
source code and make modifications, for governments, businesses,
schools, hospitals or individuals.

For more information look at our Why OpenOffice campaign here:
http://www.openoffice.org/why/

--
Alexandro Colorado
Apache OpenOffice Contributor