On 08/13/2014 07:44 AM, Dewald Barnard wrote:
> Good afternoon
>
> I need assistance in templates that will work for a small business. All I
> need is something to issue (make out delivery notes with automated delivery
> note numbers), receive stock, stock availability and automated stock
> reorders. I'm in charge of the parts store and sales and the system that we
> are using is outdated (written book records). So I need something to help
> me keep record of all the parts and their bin locations. When I make out a
> delivery note the part issue must automatically be deducted from the
> availability and if it comes to minimum required quantity it must
> automatically reorder the stock to maximum level.
>
> Do you perhaps have something similar to this or is this to complex to
> make? Any suggestions is appreciated.
>
> Kindest Regards
> Dewald Barnard
> RSA

AOO have a series of example database tables that you can experiment with:
File|New|Database|Create new database|Finish|allow to save|Tables|Use
Wizard to Create Table| then you will find sample Business and Personal
tables you can experiment with - Business|Property might be a good place
to start. Also see:
https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation

<https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/FAQ/Databases/Where_can_I_find_FAQs_about_using_OpenOffice.org_with_my_favorite_database?>
<http://www.tutorialsforopenoffice.org/category_index/base.html>

However, as others have pointed out, you might look to a pre-built
application better suited to your requirements.
<https://www.google.com/#q=open+source+parts+management>
<https://www.google.com/#q=open+source+inventory+management>

<http://www.techrepublic.com/blog/five-apps/five-top-apps-for-managing-inventory/>
<http://sourceforge.net/directory/os:linux/freshness:recently-updated/?q=inventory>