On 20/08/2014 John Drace wrote:
Hello, I am using OpenOffice on a Macbook to write my dissertation.
Two concerns:  I would like to include sound files, but when I have
tried using the insert menu, I get a message saying this file type is
not supported.  I have tried several.  Is there a certain file type
or is there a problem with this feature and/or my configuration?

We had one version where multimedia support was broken on Mac. This is fixed in the just released version 4.1.1. You may want to try with that.

Secondly, I have many graphics I have imported in eps format.
Several times during a writing session, the graphics will all become
very small and unreadable, at which point I have to shut the
software, save and re-open.  Is there some way to avoid this hassle?

That never happened to me. If you have a way to reproduce it consistently you can share the documents and we can open a bug report. Other people solved similar issues by increasing the cache for images and graphics. You can search our official forum https://forum.openoffice.org/ if you don't know how to do that.

Regards,
  Andrea.