On Thu, 28 Aug 2014, Brian Barker wrote:

At 01:55 27/08/2014 -0400, Felmon Davis wrote:
so according to this, people don't understand the idea of a "subscription" or "mailing list." alright. in addition, in their irritation, they fail to notice the instructions for cancelling.

If they don't understand the idea of a mailing list, surely it is self-evident that they will not realise they have joined anything and will have no way of understanding the concept of cancellation?

sorry, the ellision made my point unclear; by "in addition" I meant "and -- assuming they understand the concept of 'subscription' -- another explanation is...."

F.

--
Felmon Davis

The world is in danger from two sources:  Order and Disorder.
   -- Valery