I've been clinging to version 3.2.1 of OOo and I'd really prefer to move from OOo 3.2.1 (2010) to 4.1.1 (2014)!

My problem is that many of my spreadsheets don't work in the newer versions. I use a lot of linking to html files containing dates that 3.2.1 and before recognized as dates but which 3.3 and beyond treat as text. I could insert extra columns containing VALUE() functions to overcome the change, but that's a lot of editing and would lead to larger, more complex spreadsheets.

Is there a setting or option somewhere in the new versions to make them treat these dates as dates rather than as simple text?

---
is active.