From: skydiv...@aol.com [mailto:skydiv...@aol.com]
Sent: Friday, October 3, 2014 09:38
To: users@openoffice.apache.org
Subject: Help please.

I've  been using Open Office Writer for almost a year  and now when I try
to  open a document I keep getting a ASCII Filter Options window asking me to
 set the properties for Character set - Default font - Language and
Paragraph  break. This happens every time I try to open an older document.

I  go through the process but all I see in the document instead of letters
is  hashtags (pound signs) ie. ## # #### # ###.

Can  someone help me? I am not literate in computer speak. I'm a pretty
basic  user.

Thank  you in advance

Sandy