On 07/10/2014 NoOp wrote:
Given that this list is likely going to continue to receive these from
users ... of this bogus (and most
likely illegal) itunes app, can the list moderators consider filtering
these & perhaps sending a canned message back to the sender?

I agree. Messages that are obviously referring to the "QuickOffice pro" app are off topic on this list. So I don't see anything back in rejecting them.

A variant of Martin's latest answer can be used as canned message:

  ---
Your message is being rejected since users@openoffice.apache.org is a mailing list for users of Apache OpenOffice, not QuickOffice Pro.

Apache OpenOffice is available for free from http://www.openoffice.org/

QuickOffice Pro links to Apache OpenOffice for support, but Apache OpenOffice has nothing to do with this application. Please report this problem to the Apple Store.
  ---

Regards,
  Andrea.