On 10/26/2014 05:11 AM, DaveMainwaring wrote:
> Sure I can write all manner of macro. Takes time. I like ready made buttons
> :)

A few other options  for you.

Add the "Insert" toolbar to the Toolbars you normally use.
Once you do that, you can use the Insert -> Fields to insert date in
various formats.

Alternatively, you can use keyboard shortcuts. Insert -> Date is
assigned as Alt+I+D. You may need to change the default styling to suit
your needs.