I had the same Problem until I put all my OOA on to a separate external hard drive and just kept this drive for all my OOA - A 1TB external hard drive does not cost much and it saves a hell of a lot of problems.

Richard

-----Original Message----- From: Chevalier A. Dom
Sent: Friday, November 07, 2014 2:02 AM
To: users@openoffice.apache.org
Subject: too much memory used

Hello:

I’m embarrassed to say that I’ve been using Apache OpenOfficeOrg for about three years now and never wrote about this issue.

I swear by this program, but I’ve been having increased problems with the amount of memory it’s using.

I was wondering if anyone had any ideas of how I can get the program to stop using up to 400K of memory and slowing down my computer.

Admittedly, I should upgrade my memory, but it’s still pretty annoying that the program is taking up so much memory while I’m trying to write.

Any advice is welcome.

Thanks,

Chev