On Mon, 17 Nov 2014 05:53:40 +0000
Rory O'Farrell <ofarr...@iol.ie> wrote:

> On Sun, 16 Nov 2014 19:36:33 -0800
> Reginald Bezzola <reg...@att.net> wrote:
>
> > I have a Canon Multifunction laser MF4150 from which I scanned a text file,
> > which scanned as a picture, is there a way to convert it to a text file?
> > Converting a BMP, JPG to a word processing file which can be edited?
> >
> > thanks much, with blessings, ............... Reg       reg...@att.net
>
> A quick search found this on-line OCR site.
> http://www.onlineocr.net/
> I've never used it, so can't say how accurate it is. I use linux as my
> operating system; for it there are several PDF (or other graphic format) OCR
> programs.
>
> As another poster to this thread pointed out, one must do careful proof
> reading, particularly if numeric data is involved. If the document is a
> one-off of a small number of pages it may be quicker to retype rather than
> try to learn how to install, drive and proof output from an OCRprogram.
>

> --
> Rory O'Farrell <ofarr...@iol.ie>

The sales specification I have found for this apparatus
http://www.canon.ie/For_Home/Product_Finder/Multifunctionals/Laser/i-SENSYS_MF4150/#p-specification
says it is delivered with OmniPage SE.

It is a long time (7-9 years) since I used a version of OmniPage, but my memory
is that it produced very accurate output in .doc format (from memory, disguised
RTF)  which ought be readable by OpenOffice, but necessitating careful editing
if the exact layout was to be preserved.

--
Rory O'Farrell <ofarr...@iol.ie>