>From you E mail address I intuit thatht your primary ISP is in Canada. I do
not know if you are an Anglophone r Francophone, but from your comments I
must presume you are an Anglophone.

I hope that you have downloaded the German language version of Open Office
through the official open office site at www.openoffice.org.  That sdite
provides you many language options for the Open Office suite, and many
options for the operating system under which you will run Open Office.

I suggest that you uninstall the German language version of Open Office
which you have downloaded.  There really is no  way to "switch" it to
English, whether US English, British English, or Canadian English.

After uninstalling the German language version, go to www.openoffice.org
and select the "flavor" of English version which you want to use, as well
as the Operating System you are using, and download ONLY from  www.open
office.org.

The Open Office website will take you to Source Forge, from which your
download will be obtained.

Downloading any language version of Open Office from any source other than
Open Office.org is risky and may result in installation of various forms of
undesirable programs being installed on your system.