On Wed, 04 Feb 2015 12:56:48 -0500
"Vincent A. Juliano" <vjuli...@optonline.net> wrote:

> Folks,
>
> Writing mixed numbers in both tables and spread sheet and having them change
> format.
>

> This has been an ongoing problem for me with trying to enter mixed numbers
> into a table and/or into a spreadsheet.
>
> What occurs initially is that the mixed number can be entered but after
> several entries the mixed number appears as a date.
>
> For example. mixed numbers such as 3-5/64 can be entered for about 4 or 5
> entries. Then the following entries will be entered as 6-14/64 and
> immediately upon hitting the enter key the number will change to 06/14/64.
> All following entering mixed numbers will change to the date format.
>
> How can the original mixed number format be retained?
>
> This phenomenon occurs in both the table format and in the spreadsheet so I
> would suspect the problem lies in the basic setup of the number system.
>

> However, I’m as dumb as a rock with computer “stuff” so I ask the cure be
> written as simply as possible that I may follow the instructions.

As far as I know, the entry in a Writer table is treaded as text and should
remain unchanged (but I don't use tables in Writer, so I am possibly wrong).
In the spreadsheet, before entering, format the cell(s) or row or column as
"text". Alternately precede your entry with an apostrophe to indicate that it
is text.

--
Rory O'Farrell <ofarr...@iol.ie>