At 17:10 04/02/2015 -0800, Jim McLaughlin wrote:
I am running OO 4.0.1 on a PC clone under Windows 7 Home Premium edition. I am looking for a way to import into OO a form created by a third party with Adobe in PDF format. I want to be able to fill out the form with my computer, rather than print a blank form and fill in by hand.

For reasons not known to me, the third party did not create a fillable PDF form, which I can fill out with the 'puter, either within OO or with Adobe reader. Other third parties do provide other kinds of fillable forms so I know it can be done. I just don't know how.

I am looking for a way to fill out the form with OO and save it in the .PDF format.

I don't think the fact that some forms can be filled means that forms not designed to be filled must somehow be able to be filled.

o In Adobe Reader, use Edit | Copy File to Clipboard.
o Paste into a new Draw document.
o Resize the image to its original dimensions. (Hold down the Shift key to preserve the aspect ratio.) o Insert text boxes as necessary over the image of your form. Use the Text button in the Drawing toolbar and drag to produce each text box.
o Use File | Export as PDF... to create your final PDF file.

It's fiddly and messy, but it works. I've used it.

I trust this helps.

Brian Barker