On Thu, 07 May 2015 16:10:44 -0000, Eugene Baranowski <eugs...@magma.ca> wrote:

I’ve data available on a  memory stick from a PC in  WordPerfect.  When I open
these data in OpenOffice, I see the text in a code which is impossible to read.

apache openoffice has dropped support of wordperfect file format because of
licence incompatibility. pre-apache versions of openoffice, known as
openoffice.org, do support wordperfect. so, you can download openoffice.org 3.3
from the openoffice.org website. also, libreoffice, which is another
openoffice.org's successor, supports the format.