Attaching a file to an EMail has nothing to do with OpenOffice - you use your
email program to find and attach the file to your email. To do so you have to
know
1. how to attach a file,
2. where the file is located on your computer (Usually on "My Documents")
   and
3. most important: whether the recipient can open the attachment.

1. can be answered by comcast.net support, 2. is only known by you.

The answer to 3 is in most cases "no", because the recipients needs
OpenOffice or LibreOffice or some Microsoft Word Plugin installed to open an
OpenOffice File.

Most probably you want to export your file as PDF and attach the PDF file to
your email.

Am 27.05.2015 um 04:11 schrieb jamie...@comcast.net:
> Not understanding why I can't attach something from OO to my email.  I really
> don't know what to do about this.  I have been reading and trying but
> nothing.  I have Comcast.net.  I don’t have a lot of experience with computer
> functions but I have been trying to figure this out. Looking forward to being
> able to get this working.
>

> Thanks
>
> Jamie
>
> Sent from Surface

If you answer to this mail, send it to the list users@openoffice.apache.org

Freundliche Grüße
--
Klaus Muth
HAGOS eG                   Industriestr. 62     fon:   (+49) 711 78805-7086

HAGOS Verbund deutscher Kachelofen- und Luftheizungsbauerbetriebe eG
Sitz:                      Stuttgart
Rechtsform:                Genossenschaft
Registergericht:           Stuttgart GnR 77
Vorstände:                 Guido Eichel, Ralf Tigges
Aufsichtsratsvorsitzender: Thomas Müller
USt.-ID-Nr.:               DE 147799748