At 11:26 26/06/2015 -0400, Dan Lewis wrote:
One thing that I *do not* do is use the styles list across the top of Apache OO. (*B*,/I, /_U_)

I know that you know what you mean, but you will confuse the masses by saying this. Bold, italic, and underline can indeed be aspects of both character styles and paragraph styles. But the buttons in the Formatting toolbar (along with keyboard shortcuts Ctrl+B and so on, as well as right-click | Style > and Format | Character...) apply local character formatting and are not related to styles. So it may be confusing to call the array of buttons a "styles list".

Your point is that - very sensibly - you eschew the use of those buttons precisely because they do not relate to styles but create local formatting; instead you use styles for these purposes.

Brian Barker