I was sure it was a scam, I never allow anyone to connect to my computer, unless I call them.

James Knott wrote:

On 07/07/2015 06:13 PM, Mike B. Martisko wrote:
I just received a phone call from someone claiming to be from Apache, wanting
to scan my computer, and install new drivers for the software I have.  Open
Office, 4.01.  Is this a valid call?  Please respond.

One thing you can be sure of is when anyone calls you claiming to be
Apache, Microsoft, your ISP etc., it's a scam where they're trying to
install malware on your computer.  I have had calls from "Microsoft"
about problems on my computer.  Funny thing is, I run Linux.  I have let
them run their line, where they tell me to click on the Start button
etc.  I then play dumb and tell them I can't see a Start button...  I
have a bit of fun that way, before they finally give up.  ;-)