On Mon, 7 Sep 2015 13:48:59 -0500
"JBrooks" <brooks...@gmail.com> wrote:

> There used to a much earlier version when the thesaurus actually worked,  The
> past two or three versions of Open Office has caused that this no longer
> works.
>
> I could right mouse on Synonyms and a list was displayed and now there is
> NONE displayed.  Is this forever broken or can this be fixed?

Your language may be set wrongly. Probably the easiest way to fix this is to
delete or rename your OpenOffice user profile. If you are using Windows do this
by:
Close OpenOffice and the Quickstarter. Open File Explorer. Copy and paste
%appdata%\OpenOffice\4 in the File Explorer Address Bar and press Enter. Rename
the "user" folder. Start OpenOffice.

If this works on new files then you may have to adjust the language settings in
any older files (/Tools /Language /For all text.

--
Rory O'Farrell <ofarr...@iol.ie>