On 25-Oct-15 03:27, Ian Gow wrote:
Hi

I’ve just spent the last 5 days putting constructing a database for my business
accounts and persevered despite the many problems I’ve had with V4 on my iMac.
The most common is the crashing without reason in various areas. I put up with
this as I could easily get back in and avoid those areas. However, after the
last crash when trying to write a SQL statement the ODB file will no longer
load and get an graphics-related error message. I’ve checked your forums and
can find no resolution.

Is there a general problem with the SQL area? Is there any way I can get my
data back or is the ODB file corrupt?

If you can get back your data depends on your settings for back up and auto recovery these settings can be found under Tools --> Preference --|> Load/Save I hope that you don't use the build in database as this is stored inside the odb file. If the odb file gets corrupt you lose all data. Best way is to install a separate database and connect the odb file to the database.

I need this data to start out Winter Ad Campaign and need to know if I have to
drop OpenOffice for another Suite or, as I would much prefer, get the file back
and sort out what’s going on with this version.

Thanks
Ian