On Fri, 13 Nov 2015 15:02:59 -0000
"R B E DYER" <richard.bed...@btopenworld.com> wrote:

> Hi there,
> I am considering switching to Open Office, but want to check few things first,
>
> 1) Will this update itself like MS Office does

No - you must download and install any update; these are infrequent.

> 2) this is usable with people forwarding you MS Word Documents

OpenOffice does not pretend to be an MS Office clone; it has much of the same
functionality.  The MS Office filters have been reverse engineered, so there
can be problems.  OpenOffice's native format is OpenDocument, the format UK
government and many other organisations are moving to.

> 3) this does not interfere with your MS Programmes Setting likes Windows Mail
> ETC..

It should not, but I have never used Windows Mail.

--
Rory O'Farrell <ofarr...@iol.ie>