On Mon, 21 Dec 2015 15:53:08 -0500
lynn sable <sablebooks4...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I want to change a PDF into a READABLE open office document. Every time I
> try, it appears in open office in code. HELP!

If you simply require to read the PDF document, you should open it in your
operating system's PDF reader; frequently this is Adobe Reader, usually
installed by default on Windows.

It is the intention that PDF documents should be unchangeable.  If you wish to
edit the document you have basically two choices.  It may be possible to select
the text in the PDF and Copy it, pasting it into OpenOffice Writer, in which
you can then edit the text.  However this ability to copy directly from a PDF
file does not always work. The other possibility is to pass the PDF document
through an OCR (Optical Character Recognition) application, which reads the PDF
and turns it into editable text, which you can then edit in OpenOffice Writer.

www.zamzar.com offer a free online service which (inter alia) will convert a
PDF document to an OpenOffice ODT document, ready to edit.

--
Rory O'Farrell <ofarr...@iol.ie>