scdale wrote:
I am exhausted trying to fix a problem.
I downloaded and installed Open Office 4.1.2.  I wanted it not just for word
processing but the major reason was to open my documents etc.
It doesn’t.  Word Pad does or any of the other two on the list.  I simply
CANNOT ADD OPEN OFFICE TO THE LIST IN ORDER TO HAVE IT OPEN MY DOCUMENTS.
I have gone to the default area and that doesn’t make it open them either by
default.
I have worked for about 7 hours reading everything I can find on the computer.
Any forums concerning Open Office DOES NOT ANSWER THIS QUESTION.  PERIOD.

Can you please help?
Thanks,
Diana
Have you tried right-clicking on the file you want to open, then choosing 'properties' at the bottom of the drop down menu, then selecting "open with' and navigating to OO Write or appropriate program?
Might be worth a shot if not ... :)