> On Jan 11, 2016, at 23:04, Dale Erwin <dale.er...@casaerwin.org> wrote:
>
> I submit that no set of computer-generated numbers is truly random.
> Pseudo-random is the best you can hope for.

True if it's strictly an algorithmic process.

Not necessarily true if you introduce variability from external sources [ping
or response time on the network, or stock market fluctuations for example].
Pseudo random implies repeatability.

In a prior life I came up with a scheme for a pseudorandom generator that used
computer hardware measured values determined at power on to generate a
non-repeatable seed.

I think we are converging on violent agreement!

 —
jt - j...@jt-mj.net

If it screams, it's not food... Yet.