At 10:54 30/01/2016 -0500, Vince Bonly wrote:
On 1/29/2016 7:17 PM, Steve Ahlers wrote:
Another way of creating the formula is to type the = then click on the source cell and hit return.

I am unable to click to a different worksheet to then swipe the text string from the source cell, after putting = into the target cell. Am I missing something?

Yes. Your problem was about creating a *reference* to the other cell, not a copy of the formula it contains.
o Type "=" into the target cell (or click the = sign in the Input Line).
o Bring the other sheet into focus.
o *Click* on the source cell (as explained above).
o Click the green tick in the Input Line (or press Enter).

If you did want to copy the formula from one cell to another, you can do this by copying from its Input Line. But note that if you do that between sheets, the formula will come without the necessary sheet reference, so will not do what you need.

I trust this helps.

Brian Barker