At 19:19 27/02/2016 +1100, Keith Bainbridge wrote:
I'm trying to draw a diamond shape with 2 opposing angles equal, one angle 72 degrees and its opposite 60 degrees.

By "diamond", I'm assuming that you mean a rhombus (or lozenge) - an equilateral quadrilateral?

You say that opposing angles are equal and then give differing values for opposite angles. So you clearly mean something different by "opposing" and "opposite". Colour me confused.

The internal angles of any quadrilateral must add up to 360 degrees. You appear to have two lots of 72 degrees and two of 60 degrees - leaving you 96 degrees short. Color me more confused.

I figured I should be able to stretch a standard supplied shape, but can't figure how to hold the plane of the equal angles so that the distances from the points will vary.

The plane of the angles is the plane of the whole shape. How could anything leave this plane - unless you have a special pen which will somehow write in the air above your sheet of paper, or a computer which can write in the air in front of the display?

Any pointers please?

Perhaps define your problem more clearly?

I trust this helps.

Brian Barker