On 02/28/2016 11:32 AM, Hans Brautigam wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Support request about OpenOffice - 4.1.2  (2015-10-21)
>
> I did erlier today (16.40) send you an email about Open Office 4.1.1 that my
> saved textfiles
>
> without notice became saved into MS DOS format instead of the .odt file that
> all information
>
> happened to be saved and locked up into MS DOS .
>
> My OpenOffice version is not 4.1.1 but 4.1.2  and I want to correct my
> information to you
>
> this way.
>
> The first email was sent 50 minutes ago ( time now 17.30).

This is not a support department.  This is a mail list for users of
OpenOffice, where many users can help others.  Did you buy OpenOffice
from some place that passed off this mail list as "support".

You should only download OpenOffice from www.openoffice.org, where you
can get it for free.

As for file type, you can choose the type when you save the file or set
the default file type by clicking on Tools>Options>Load/Save>General and
making your selection.