Mac 10.11.4 El Capitan

I downloaded 4.1.2 and have lost the ability to print in draft setting.
Actually I can't choose anything but Standard and Custom.  It uses a
tremendous amount of ink!  I only got three months out of this last
cartridge when I used to get six months.

I also have lost the use of left and right side rulers on a text document.
Where are they?  I can't find anywhere to turn them on or add them.  They
also used to appear automatically when I inserted a frame, but that doesn't
happen anymore.

Please answer, even if you won't help me so at least I know I am asking my
questions to the right location.

Thank you,
Lynda

P.S.  I tried downloading 4.1.1 to see if that would help, but it didn't.
I wish I could remember the version I had before all this started so that I
could return to it.