TNX Brian; that worked nicely.

On 6/24/2016 6:56 PM, Brian Barker wrote:
At 17:03 24/06/2016 -0400, Vince Bonly wrote:
AOO 4.1.2-Calc on WIN8.1 desktop

Is there a way to easily identify the background fill-color or the font-color that is being used within a cell ? There should be, but I do not know how, as yet. I am trying to change the background fill-color to match/be the same as the background fill-color that is being used within another existing cell. Same difficulty when trying to match the font-color. Opening the background color/font-color palette shows me the many available choices, but I am hoping that there is a way to identify what is being used within a selected cell, by being shown its name. My guess is always incorrect, it seems.

As you suggest, if you use the controls in the Formatting toolbar you will not see any indication of the current font colour or background colour. But instead go to Format | Cells... or right-click | Format Cells... . On the Font Effects tab the font colour is identified by name and on the Background tab the background colour is highlighted with a border in the colour palette and named below it.

I trust this helps.

Brian Barker