The Save with Password functions of Apache OpenOffice use serious encryption
techniques that require the original password to be known.

There is no means to recover the password from the files.  There is no means to
recover the file without discovering the password.

The weakest point in this procedure is the password itself.  There are programs
that attempt to discover weak passwords by rapid, automated trials of
commonly-used passwords, short passwords, ones with inadequate variety
including well-known patterns.

You might find a program that offers to decrypt OpenOffice files (assuming you
are using .ods for your spreadsheets) although there is usually no promise to
succeed and the free trial will perhaps not try long enough.  If you pay for
one of those, there still may not be any solution in a reasonable amount of
time spent running the program.  The risk is yours.

It is the purpose of Save with Password to be this difficult and keep whatever
your data is that private.

There is a slight risk that a file is damaged in such a way that the correct
password is also unsuccessful.  Since you mention several spreadsheets, that is
likely not the case.

 - Dennis