-------- Original Message --------
From: Robert Knox <rk...@icloud.com>
To: users@openoffice.apache.org
Date: Sat, 03 Sep 2016 14:17:27 -0400

> 1.  I cannot see us ever going back to Microsoft office as long as your
> company's Open Office remains available.  It’s the best I’ve ever experienced!
>
> 2.  [‘Help’ question]:  I need to use a ‘strike through’ to show certain text
> in a document has been changed, but the text itself needs to remain so that
> the reader can still see what it was prior to its being 'struck through.’
> Unfortunately, I need to do this type of edit in a footnote - which may
> require different steps than if it were inserted in the main text of the
> document.
>
> Thank you for your help.
>
> Robert Knox

Hi Robert,

Thank you for your kind words. Apache OpenOffice is not a company in the
sense I think you mean. It is one of the ASF (Apache Software
Foundation) FOSS (Free Open Source Software) projects, operated by
volunteer contributors from around the world. See:
https://www.openoffice.org/why/why_volunteers.html

In answer to your question, using strike through in a footnote is done
exactly the same way as for text in the main body of the document. You
can simplify this process by adding a "Strikethrough" button to the
formatting toolbar. This link
https://wiki.openoffice.org/w/images/c/c6/0114GS33-CustomizingOOo.pdf is
to a small PDF file which explains how to customize toolbars. The
document is a little dated, but the information it contains is still valid.

Hope this helps.

Dave