From: Dennis E. Hamilton <dennis.hamil...@acm.org>
Sent: Saturday, September 10, 2016 12:11 AM
To: users@openoffice.apache.org
Subject: RE: Ribbon Interface

This is a Ford versus Chevrolet matter (or Toyota versus BMW, if you prefer).
Absolute statements like this are not helpful.  There are folks who find the
ribbon and its growing consistency across Windows to be very useful, especially
since you can make the whole thing disappear and pop down only when you want it.

Regardless, there is no plan and no likelihood that Apache OpenOffice will
offer a ribbon interface.  Apache OpenOffice was never intended as a Microsoft
Office "work alike," and there is no indication of developer interest in any
such massive change to the interface.

In my view, there is greater benefit in having better interchange at the
file-format level with fewer conversion failures in either direction.

 - Dennis