Hello Mike,

On Fri, Oct 07, 2016 at 01:12:21PM +0100, Mike Claridge wrote:
> Hi Keith,
>
> Message is “OpenOffice quit unexpectedly” followed by a whole page of
> comments that is sent to Apple automatically and with a page heading of
> "Problem Report for OpenOffice".  I can open an existing document in Open
> Office and then open a new document from the open document but obviously that
> is not something one wants to be doing all the time.

Instead of sending the report to Apple, please copy the whole text on
the second CrashReport dialog [1] and paste it on TextEdit.app, then
save the file as a plain text document, and send it to my e-mail address
or attach it to a bug report on
https://bz.apache.org/ooo/enter_bug.cgi?product=General

[1]
https://developer.apple.com/library/content/technotes/tn2004/images/tn2123_CrashReporter105f2.png