On 16/10/2016 Alexandru Naiboiu wrote:
You should take in consideration that I got to this extension from
the OpenOffice website:
http://extensions.openoffice.org/en/project/pdf-import-apache-openoffice

The Extensions site hosts third-party extensions too: this is actually its primary purpose, so people should not expect to find only official work from the OpenOffice project there. Actually this is how the Extensions concept works for a variety of software applications.

So I find it quite normal to trust an extension found on the
openoffice.org <http://openoffice.org> domain. And any other regular
user will do the same.

If it is not a false positive (unfortunately, a lot of anti-virus software makes mistake, and we see it for new releases of OpenOffice too) then the extension will be blocked. But history and the people involved would lead me to conclude that this is likely to be a false positive. Let's see what Ariel (in CC) has to say.

Regards,
  Andrea.