> hi.
> i tried to download only writer in two years ago without any success.
> i realy wish that openoffice libreoffice developers make the situation
> easy for users that only want one or two part of the program, not one
> complete package.
> i downloaded and tested many versions of two office suites, but i only
> need writer not one complete office package!
> i wish that developers of these great office projects, read my comment.
> thanks every one and God bless you all.

This has been discussed many times and the answer seems to be the same
every time. Even if you could download Writer only, its size would still be
maybe 90% of the size of the whole suite.

I heard that AbiWord stepped up a bit with their latest release, I don't
know since I don't use it myself, but maybe that is worth trying? A lot
less to download than Apache OpenOffice…

Kind regards

Johnny Rosenberg