Hi Dave

On Wed, May 10, 2017 at 9:05 PM, Dave Fisher <dave2w...@comcast.net> wrote:

> I doubt it. All that I would expect SourceForge might have is an IP
> address.

SourceForge is advertising-funded and thus uses a swathe of trackers
(Privacy Badger identified 62 trackers on the Apache OpenOffice download
page just now). I would exepct them to have a great deal of insight into
each and every visitor to their site. It is entirely possible that they
could offer some assistance 1:1, although I do agree with you that the
needle involved is hidden in a very large haystack.

> In addition, while I am not a lawyer isn't keeping this information
> illegal in certain jurisdictions? Like Hamburg?

SourceForge is owned by DHI Group Inc which is based in New York. Apache is
a US non-profit based in Virginia. The OP is based in DC. Where does
Hamburg come into it?

> I suggest that you validate for yourself what SourceForge does when an AOO
> download occurs. If PII other than the necessary browser info and IP
> address is seen to be exchanged then please let us know.

OK, see above, thanks for the assignment. I suggest you or another PMT
member help the OP connect with Apache's rep at SourceForge.

S.