hello.
i think that openoffice does not support, but i am sure that
libreoffice can open publisher files.
i am not sure that its possible to edit them in libreoffice or not,
but i think that you can.
here you are the link, libreoffice is one of the fork of openofofice.

www.libreoffice.org

hope that help, God bless you all.

On 9/20/17, Johnny Rosenberg <gurus.knu...@gmail.com> wrote:
> No. Nothing is compatible with Microsoft Publisher, as far as I know.
>

> Kind regards
>
> Johnny Rosenberg

>> Is Open Office compatible with Microsoft Publisher. I have a large
>> document in Publisher and would like to edit it on my Mac Book Pro.
>>
>> Thank you,
>>
>> Linda Forster

holy quran, chapter 21, verse 107.
www.al-islam.org