-------- Original Message --------
From: Jura Rúdnev <jurudn...@gmail.com>
To: users@openoffice.apache.org
Date: Sun, 8 Oct 2017 14:56:07 +0200

> Dear sirs,
>
> A lot of years ago I had been trying use the OO a few times. It was
> raw and could not being used. Now I have tried again. Yes, your
> product became more interesting, but I can't use it again...
>
> I need some base managing. I downloaded, installed OO4 and started OO
> Base. It has would like to have JRE. Normally, when one program needs
> one other, the link corresponding is presented, but not now... Ok, I
> found out what is JRE, downloaded it and restarted my computer... Now
> I have OO4, Java, wasted nearly 400MB of the my 4G internet (is not
> free!) and your OO4 is not working... Look at this screenshot!
>
> Well, a'm going to a free Wi-Fi for download MS Access, because I
> won't waste more than 600 MB for nothing...
>
> Yuriy

Obviously you are free to use whatever software you wish, but your issue
with Apache OpenOffice is easily explained and resolved.

The Windows edition of Apache OpenOffice is a 32bit program and requires
the 32bit edition of Java, but you have downloaded Java 8 Update 144
(64-bit). The solution is to download from: http://bit.ly/2y2tvYx

Dave