On Fri, 27 Oct 2017 04:04:38 -0500
Kim Lewandowski <mistymtn0...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have been unable to find instructions that work with my windows 10 on
> downloading various templates.  I can get it to my download folder, but have
> been unable to get it into my OpenOffice 4.1.2.
>
> I have tried going
> OpenOffice>File>Templates>Organize>MyTemplates>Commands>ImportTemplate…
> This opens my file manager.  I then go to Downloads, select the template I
> just downloaded to my computer for use.  But rather than import the whole
> file, it extracts and opens it.  Inside is various folders and files.  But
> there is no indication that I have found on your website, the Forum, YouTube
> or the Internet which directs me to which one of these I need to click on to
> actually add it to my template list in OpenOffice.
>
> Can you provide detailed instructions that would include which file or folder
> within the downloaded zip file that I need to actually “open” to get it into
> OpenOffice 4.1.2
>

> Thank you for your assistance since I would much rather use OpenOffice rather
> than Word.
> Kim Lewandowski
>
> Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Some internet browsers, notable Internet Explorer, silently rename file types
to a generic filetype.  Outside of OpenOffice (i.e., at Windows system level,
rename the downloaded file to type .ott; then double click it and OO will open
the template.  You may then Save the template as you require.  Or, having done
the rename, use /File /Templates /Organise to manage the template(s).

--
Rory O'Farrell <ofarr...@iol.ie>