The link

<https://templates.openoffice.org/en/search?query=letter+basic+template&sort_by=field_template_rating_average_rating&sort_order=ASC>
https://templates.openoffice.org/en/search?query=letter+basi
c+template&sort_by=field_template_rating_average_rating&sort_order=ASC

seem to be working fine. I just tried it and the example templates. If you
click the examples like

"https://templates.openoffice.org/en/template/basic-sample-cover-letter";,

they take you to "sourceforge.net" page/link (https://sourceforge.net/
projects/aoo-templates/files/13417/basic_sample_cover_letter.ott/download)
whereby your download will begin from a mirror website.

Perhaps you can try again?

Meghraj