hello.
in openoffice tools menu and options, find load-save and then general
and Save AutoRecovery information every: which is checked by default.
you can reduce the time from 15 minutes to less minutes, (maybe 10 or
even 5 minutes) to prevent loss of data.
you can even activate Always create backup copy by space key and okay
to save your settings.
hope that help, God bless you!

On 11/16/17, Peter Dawson <bustermanz...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> So copying and pasting a single line of text somehow caused Open Office to
> freeze and not recover after even an hour of being left to its own devices.
> Closing and reopening open office caused me to lose six pages of text
> despite manually hitting save. If anyone has any idea how I can avoid this
> in the future that would be greatly appreciated because it has given me
> serious reservations about my continued use of the product.
>
> Thank you,
>
> Peter Dawson

> 10

holy quran, chapter 21, verse 107.