On 04/02/18 6:23 AM, Girvin Herr wrote:

On 02/02/2018 07:30 PM, Martin Groenescheij wrote:

On 03/02/18 12:05 PM, Girvin Herr wrote:
Kathleen,

I am assuming you are concerned about the files listed in File -> Recent Documents as your "...folder icon in Open Office". Unless someone else here knows more, from my experience one cannot delete one file from the file list in File -> Recent Documents. I believe there are two ways to clear all files from this list, but both will clear the entire list and one would have to start over to get a new list without the file you no longer want. Here are the two methods I can think of:

1. "clear" the user profile as described over and over again on this list. But that would clear out everything you have configured AOO for.

2. Use File -> Recent Documents and at the bottom of the list, there is the option "Clear List". Click on that and the entire file history list should then be blank. Of course, you will have to then add the files you do want by opening them.

Easier to remove the Recent Documents from the File menu under Tools -> Customize
Martin,
I don't see how to do this under Tools -> Customize. Can you be more specific and/or give a more detailed procedure?

Go to Tools -> Customize
In the Menus tab select File from the OpenOffice Menus
In the Menu Content select Recent Documents
Select Modify and Delete from the pull down menu

Note this only removes the entry from the File menu whenever you restore the Recent Documents it still shows the last 10 entries.

As an alternative you can create a macro that clear the entries at the moment you close OpenOffice But to be honest I don't see any benefit to have documents removed from the list, these type of questions are raised by people who have
time to much.

Girvin Herr

<snip>