Dear Apache,

I have been using OpenOffice for several years now. Mainly in the spread sheet
format. One of my home documents is INVESTMENT STATUS 2018.ods – OpenOffice
Calc.
I’ve been opening and updating this spreadsheet since the beginning of the
year. The last time being a few days after July 1st. Last week I went into the
OpenOffice menu and opened the spread sheet shortcut for the spread sheets and
then to the file with Recent Documents. I clicked on  INVESTMENT STATUS
2018.ods and up came a Text Document with unknown names and other symbols.
Thinking I pressed something wrong, I repeated this many times.
When I try to open  INVESTMENT STATUS 2018.ods – OpenOffice Calc. I find I am
opening  INVESTMENT STATUS 2018.ods – OpenOffice Writer. What is going on. How
can a Calc. spreadsheet morph into a non-spreadsheet? Where did the information
on the text document come from? Most important, where is my spread sheet data
from the beginning of the year? Unfortunately I did not backup the spread sheet.

Have you ever come across this? Can you help me?

Very truly yours,

Herb Plafker