So, as I mentioned in an earlier email, I bought a new iMac and it is using
10.14.1 (Mojave). I have been in the process of setting it up with files from
the old iMac. I use two backup eternal drives (for redundancy). I just today
put those files onto the new machine (USB-C is wonderful).

As it happens, there are two versions, different dates,  of a spreadsheet (an
.ods file) with the same name - in two separate folders, associated with one
backup drive or the other. I opened up the one with the older date (as it
happened) to address an earlier issue identified another OO user (jerky
scrolling in Mojave). I closed that file and tried to open up the other version
(with a newer date but same name, though different folder) - I get a message
that this file is locked by me blah blah blah - do I want read-only, copy,
cancel?

Never happened before. I tried quitting OO but that did not release the file; I
went back to the older-date version to see if there is something I can do to
release it. Nothing.

Maybe reboot?

Not a big deal in any sense but I am curious about what OO is doing since these
are two different files (different dates, different paths) - the only
similarity is the name.

Thanks.