At 10:33 08/02/2019 -0600, Nate 'Bud' Walker wrote:
I have Apache Open Office 4.1.6. I have a problem printing a document using font color black. I just brought a new HP All in one computer.

Er, a printer?

It prints documents that has a table with black font text in it, but it will not print any text using black. I've changed the font colors options and it prints in other colors.

Just a thought: do you have a tick at Tools | Options.. | OpenOffice | Accessibility | Options for high-contrast appearance | Use automatic font colour for screen display? If so, text of other colours - even white - will show as black (on light backgrounds) in the editing screen, but will print correctly. But you would probably notice if that was the case if, as you say, you changed font colours as a test.

Here's a possible workaround. Is this a text (Writer) document? Tick the option at Tools | Options... | OpenOffice Writer | Print | Contents | Print text in black. In any case, discovering whether that works or not may help you diagnose the problem.

Other tests:

o What happens printing from other applications?

o Did you inherit this document from someone else?

o Have you converted this document from another (perhaps proprietary) format?

o What happens if you create a new test document instead?

o What happened with your previous printer?

o Er, have you still got the receipt?!

I trust this helps.

Brian Barker