Try clicking on "FORMAT/PAGE"

-------- Original message --------
From: Samantha W <dark_saman...@live.com>
Date: 17/03/2019  00:26  (GMT+00:00)
To: users@openoffice.apache.org
Subject: Writer View Help

I am e-mailing as I have no desire to register to get a question answered.I
have just replaces an old square monitor with a new widescreen one, and the
default view layout is automatic, so every time I open a document it displays
in 2-page format. I can set it to one by clicking at the bottom but to do this
every single time I open a document is very annoying as I use a lot of
documents frequently. To zoom in so the automatic is one page makes the text
too big. To make the whole window smaller allows the background to be a
distraction from the text I want to be looking at. Even if I open a document,
click single page, close it and open it again it goes back to being automatic
number of pages. I just need to change the default from 'automatic' to 'single
page'. I appreciate the usefulness of the automatic option but the single page
option is equally useful and for me, more so.Please tell me how I can do
this.Thank you,Samantha