Den mån 25 mars 2019 kl 02:41 skrev Marilyn LeBaron <madat...@gmail.com>:

> How do I open a document I forgot the password to?

You are not supposed to be able to, that's the point in having passwords in
the first place (as somebody already mentioned).

> It will not let me make a new copy. The instructions are to open the
> document and save a copy of it to begin editing it.

What instructions? Who told you that?

> But, I cannot do that the document will not open without a password.

Yes, exactly. That's the point in having passwords. You are not supposed to
be able to open a password protected document without the password. That's
what password protection is for.

>  I cannot save a new copy it has to be open before I can save and rename
> it.
>
> How do I get the password off?

You can do that only if you know the password. It's called security.

> Who do I go to for help.

I think there are software out there that can do it, but unless your
passwords is really stupid, it will take quite a while. Maybe days, maybe
even years. It depends on a lot of things, I guess. I think there was a
discussion about this a couple of years ago, maybe you could search the
archives for that thread. Or maybe that was discussed in the LibreOffice
mailing list, I don't remember.

Kind regards

Johnny Rosenberg