Copy to OP.

On Wed, 27 Mar 2019 18:42:10 +0000
Craig Metcalfe <craigjmetca...@googlemail.com.INVALID> wrote:

> Hello,
> I am looking for support on how to fix an issue which has occurred while
> using open office. I have just finished an important document but when I
> tried to open it again it said I was not authorised to open it and when I did
> it had replaced all the text with hashtags. When I look at the file it says
> it was last saved at the time I finished my document so I think I have saved
> it, but I can no longer find it, I had perhaps changed a few words then
> forgot to save it after that, causing the glitch. Please help
>
> regards
> Craig

Your file is currupt, possibly because of over-hasty power down of the computer
before the internal buffers of the hard drive had been written to disk.  Look
at this tutorial

https://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?f=71&t=85038#p395910

for methods of recovering OO temporary files, which may contain some. all, or
none of your data.

--
Rory O'Farrell <ofarr...@iol.ie>