One possibility is that you have been using a 32 bit version of Open Office. Catalina is 64 bit only. If this is the problem, you need to download the latest version of Open Office and install it. The other likely problem is Apple's Gatekeeper system. Someone else will have to help you with this. (There is a website that explains how to modify Gatekeeper to allow your Mac to install and use Open Office.

Dan