Den ons 19 feb. 2020 kl 10:09 skrev Andrea Vt <andrea...@gmx.ch>:

> Hi all :-)
>
> Is there a way to show a number as binary with a separation?

Yes, there seems to be.

> E.g. 42 as 0010 1010. (BASE(42;2;8) -> 00101010)
>
> Thanks and have a nice day

Have a nice day you too.

And maybe I should answer the question I think you meant to ask too: ”How?”

Here's one way. I don't have Apache OpenOffice so I can't test it, but I
tested it with LibreOffice and I think it would work in Apache OpenOffice
too:
=VALUE(BASE(42;2))
Now format the cell like the following:
Right click the cell → click Format cells…
Select the Number tab.
In the field ”Format description”, enter the following:
0000" "0000
Hit OK.

Note that if omitting the quotes, typing 0000 0000 in that field will fail,
(the cell will display 00 101 010). I'm not sure why though.
As I said, I tested this in LibreOffice, hopefully it will work in Apache
OpenOffice too.

Kind regards

Johnny Rosenberg