There is a long history of OpenOffice.org being offered on CD and DVD.

This was at times with the blessings of the old owners of the Intellectual
Property rights to the URL, Sun Microsystems, and numerous individual
boosters, and some commercial operations.

The practice went on after the IP was sold to Oracle and then granted to
Apache Software Foundation with regards to boosters and commercial
operations right down to today.

You may want to nudge folks to only using the download from the
openoffice.org URL, that Apache OpenOffice continues to use,  but no one
should act surprised that some folks will have acquired it via CD or DVD.

Best wishes,

Drew